"I do what I love, and I love what I do!"
Whole Body Vibration Exercise
Russian space program researchers found that Whole Body Vibration (WBV) technology was the fastest way to rebuild bone density and muscle mass–loss of which are major problems caused by spending extensive time in space at zero gravity. In fact, the Russians were able to keep their cosmonauts space-bound nearly four times longer than NASA, by preventatively using this type of exercise before, and restoratively using it after, sending cosmonauts into space.
Whole Body Vibration exercise machines have been used for over 30 years in Europe. The early adoption by NASA of WBV therapy has helped gain momentum for the industry as a whole in the US, and has helped launch greater awareness of the many health benefits associated with WBV exercise therapy. Today, this vibration technology is becoming very popular in the fitness world, and is utilized by top Olympic athletes, Hollywood stars, fitness centers, gyms, race horse champions, and of course in health care, such as in Equine (horse) vet clinics, PT and Chiropractic clinics.
WBV machines are used in health care to help gain muscle strength, increase bone density, increase blood circulation, improve balance, and most importantly, rehabilitate injuries that would otherwise be aggravated by many other forms of exercise.
Dr. Cain researched and added a WBV exercise machine to her practice to rehabilitate–pain free–her auto accident victims and work comp patients from their injuries, as well as helping her elderly patients to regain strength and balance to prevent falls. Prior to this, injured patients would attempt to return to their normal, preferred (pre-injury) workouts and end up aggravating their injuries and suffering frustrating setbacks because their strength and biomechanics had changed due to their injuries. Incorporating WBV exercises into patient rehab allows patients to regain muscle mass and core strength much faster, pain-free, and therefore recover sooner.
“Great care – very happy with care and chiropractor, would recommend to anyone. office was very professional and she had great referrals.”
~MimiG2006 | CitySearch Review
Conditions that benefit from WBV exercise therapy:
- Injuries (auto accidents and work comp especially)
- Muscle atrophy
- Low back pain (pain-free strengthening of legs, core and low back)
- MS (improved muscle strength, less fatigue, no overheating, stretching and balance issues)
- Fibromyalgia (stretching, strength, isometric workouts)
- Arthritis (low impact, low stress physical activity is highly recommended)
- Osteopenia & Osteoporosis (WBV builds bone density)
- Parkinsons ( improves balance, flexibility, circulation, posture, strength and flexibility)
- Diabetes (exercise is the best natural way to control the disease)
- …and so many more…WBV exercise therapy is safe for most conditions and injuries.
Benefits of WBV exercise therapy:
- Muscle tone
- Muscle strength
- Bone density
- Increased balance
- Increased circulation